Well a year ago today Bret and I were at the doctor's office having our thrird sonogram to determine if we were having a boy or girl! We were fortunate that this big surprise fell right before Christmas, so we decided to turn this special announcement into a gift under our tree. After completing the ultrasound, our wonderful sonographer sealed the news inside an envelope, and we headed down to The Little House to have some fun. Together we picked out a boy and girl outfit, and asked the wonderful ladies (Katy, now a good friend) to wrap the outfit based on the news inside the envelope! Well she did just that, and our Christmas morning surprise was amazing!!! We screamed, cried and laughed when we opened the box to find the precious baby girl outfit!
Last year's Christmas was one we will never forget, but from here on out each Christmas will only become more magical and memorable! The ornaments above are from our annual collection we started when we got married. I think these two ornaments will be our favorite for quite sometime. We will always be reminded of our "special gift" and wonderful news! Merry Christmas!
I am just getting caught up on my blog reading and saw this one. I still remember that day--I remember thinking what sweet parents you two would be and how lucky your little girl was (since I knew you were having a girl:)). Never would I imagine that my little boy and I would be so lucky too in that we would be friends with sweet Livy and her momma! Thank you for letting me be a part of your exciting time--it was such an honor!
ReplyDelete