December 22, 2010

8 months



My new favorite spot to roll is in between the family room and kitchen. I have so much room and nothing seems to get in my way. I like chasing after my toys!



All my pictures seem so serious...but honestly I'm becoming quite silly.

Taking it all in...this busy place was filled with kids. Once I'm comfortable and familiar with a new setting I usually open up. I used to be pretty quiet, but now I'm proud to show off all my sounds. The louder the room, the louder become!


How big is Olivia??...SO BIG!!


Yep, this is her latest trick! I can't express how excited we were when she responded with her arms in the air, and a huge smile on her face, to this oh so fun game! It is amazing to think she's gone from a tiny infant who only coos and watches her world, to now a baby who interacts with her world. Life with Olivia continues to be wonderful! During this last month we've been busy eating, playing, sleeping and entertaining!


Also this month we've had the opportunity to visit some of our favorite doctors...the dermotologist and orthotist. Both visits were exciting and full of great celebrations.


Dr. Newell our dermotologist, saw Olivia for the 4th time since we started treating her hemangioma. He was amazed at the progress she's made. Thanks to the wonderful medication she's on, which has had zero side effects, the hemangioma is nearly gone!! Starting in February we will begin weening her off the medication, and by the time she's one she will be medicine free as long as her hemangioma cooperates! :)


Dr. Thom, our orthotist annouced that Olivia is his second fastest baby to respond to helmet therapy. In just 6 weeks her head has grown 14 mm and improved by 7 mm. This may not make sense to you, but this is a celebration! With that said, we were given the option to begin "maintance therapy" but we are choosing to continue therapy for another few weeks given her young age, and knowing she could regress if we're not careful. We are so relieved she's been so easy going through this entire journey!


8 months old seems oh so big, and of course I'm asking myself, "Where has the time gone?" Recently my sister-in-law put it best...the days seems to last, but the year is so fast! I'm reminding myself right now to not look ahead or wonder what's next, but to live in the moment and enjoy! Happy 8 months to our Little Lady! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment