January 11, 2011

Snow day, fun day!!


Who knew, now that I am home full-time, that I would still get so excited to watch the weather and the ticking on every channel, anticipating a snow day?! Even last night, as we settled in to watch TV, I couldn't help but watch for my top 3 districts to post the news (we all know if Olathe and Shawnee Mission are out, then of course Blue Valley will pull the plug too). I think no matter our age or profession we all still get excited for a reason to stay home, be lazy, wear cozy clothes and do nothing!


Unfortunately, Livy and I have had a yucky cold this last week, and we have no baby snow gear so we stayed inside! In an effort to avoid more cabin fever, we decided to have some fun and be creative today!





Project 1: We created our winter picture. We've been creating handprint pictures for each season/holiday. Bret and I have little art in the house so this adds the little bit of interest we need! :)







Project 2: Cozy reading party! Olivia seems so big these days...she is content to entertain herself for long stretches of time. We pulled out lots of books and read many, many stories! She also enjoyed sitting quitely, looking at the pictures and having a taste test or two!!





Project 3: Test driving inside! We put together our new stroller, which consisted of attaching the wheels and canopy...best packaged baby gear ever! After the quick assembly we went for a stroll around the house! This new seat will come in handy for those quick trip around town!







We enjoyed our snow day...but I have to admit I'm already counting down the days until spring!!




No comments:

Post a Comment